Feclab Combined Worm and Lungworm Kit
All kits contain a prepaid return postage.
Our combined kit offers excellent value and contains all you need to test for both lungworm and worm in Dogs or Cats.
We screen for the following:
- Giardia Cyst: Under our Intestinal worm count kit we screen for Giardia. It is worth noting that this is reliant on the cyst being present within the sample provided. If your pet is showing symptoms relating to Giardia or if you would like to specifically test for Giardia as part of your routine screening then we would recommend using our Giardia Antigen lab testing or Giardia Antigen Rapid home testing kit for this. (Giardia Antigen Performance characteristics: Relative sensitivity: 95.12% / Relative specificity: 95.87%)
- Canine Lungworm
- Fox Lungworm
- Hedghog Lungworm
- Capillaria Aerophilus
- Aelurostrongylus Abstrusus
NEW: Giardia Lab testing
This is a great option for those who do not feel confident in carrying out the Giardia home test themselves.
A kit will be sent for you to collect your sample, which will then be returned to the lab for testing. Your kit will include a prepaid returns envelope, information leaflet and a quick prep collection tube. Results will be emailed the same day as your sample is received by the lab and for a positive result a text will also be sent so that you do not miss your results.
Instructions for use:
1. Hold the red part of the tube system and then turn anti clockwise. Remove the red end (containing the white tip) by pulling it up.
2. Insert the white part of the tip (that has notches on) in to the stool and turn 3 – 4 times in order for the sample to collect in the notches.
3. Replace the red part back in to the tube and twist clockwise to lock.
4. Place the whole tube system in to the bubble wrap bag and seal.
5. Complete your information form
6. Place both the bubble wrap bag (now containing your sample) and your leaflet in to the free post returns envelope.
7. Pop it in a standard letter box.
Please note:A Fecal egg count is a snap shot of a specific moment in time. The test detects eggs of mature parasites that live inside the body and pass their eggs to the outside by shedding them into the dogs stool’s. It is possible that at the time of testing the parasites are too young to produce eggs, if no eggs are being shed the infection cannot be detected. There is also a possibility the eggs are In such small numbers at the time of testing they would be undetectable Thus showing a negative result.
The above is extremely rare but we would like to point out the possibilities.
Taking Your samples:Intestinal Worm Sample: 1 sample (1 x Pot)
*Puppy Intestinal Worm Kits & Pooled Puppy Kits will contain 3 x sample pots and require 1 x sample per day, taken over 3 consecutive days.
Lungworm: 3 Samples (3 x pots) 1 sample to be taken each day, for three consecutive days.
Samples can be taken from any time of the day (ideally the first stool of the day).
If collecting over three days for lungworm please place samples somewhere cool (they do not need to go in your fridge).
- Place your sample/s in the sample pot/s provided, using the glove/s.
- Place sample pot/s in to the leak-proof bag (clear bag) & seal. *Please write your dogs name on the bag*
- Place your sample/s (now in leak-proof bag) in to the box, along with your (completed) information leaflet and close the lid.
- Place the security seal (as per label on the box) to seal.
- Then simply pop it in a standard letter box.
Kits can be posted in a standard letterbox, saving you the trip to a post office.
If you order before 1pm Monday to Saturday, your order will be dispatched within 2 working days. Orders placed on Sundays and select holidays are processed on the next business day.
Orders are sent via UPS Premium Delivery and once dispatched, will arrive within 1-2 working days.
We offer free delivery on all orders over £45, excluding bags of dog food weighing over 6kg. The shipping cost for orders under £45 is £5.95.